The TomoWork Talent Explorer Programme
The TomoWork Talent Explorer Programme (TEP) is a short & flexible programme from 13 September 2021 to 8 October 2021 that allows polytechnic students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) to widen their horizons by exploring in-demand skills & jobs in the future of work, in an inclusive environment.
In addition, participants will also get a glimpse of the next TomoWork Talent Accelerator Programme, which will offer more intense learning curves in early 2022.
We are currently looking for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) enrolled in polytechnics in Singapore. In this 4-week programme, participants will explore various career paths together with like-minded peers & have access to flexible learning tracks to learn more about in-demand skills while receiving mentorship under professionals. On top of that, participants will have an opportunity to participate in the Inclusive Champion Competition & win attractive prizes.
A graduation ceremony to award certificates for the completion of the programme will be held on the last day of the programme.
What Does This Programme Offer?
*The learning schedule in week 2 & 3 is flexible, based on the preferences & availability of participants. One learning track to be chosen at minimum.
Career Fundamentals (Week 1)
This will include sessions for participants to understand the latest employment trends in Singapore & explore various in-demand job roles based on their career interests. Participants could also gain more insights through networking sessions with digital industry professionals.
Flexible Learning Tracks (Week 2 & 3)
These learning tracks, provided by leading companies, will take up to 2 weeks of the programme based on the participants’ learning choices. Participants could pick up to four learning tracks (one learning track to be chosen at minimum) in week 2 & 3.
Professionals from industries of the four learning tracks will be invited to share their experiences & provide career advice to heighten participants’ learning experiences.
Track A - Introduction to Digital Marketing
This track offers introductory courses about digital marketing skills & is recommended for the participants who aspire to explore the digital marketing sector.
Track B - Introduction to Sustainability
This track enables students to learn the fundamentals of sustainability, including key concepts & is recommended for participants who aspire to build their careers in the area of sustainability.
Track C - Introduction to Data Analytics
This track equips participants with transferrable data analytic skills & is recommended for participants who aspire to become data professionals (e.g. data analyst).
Track D - Introduction to Talent Management
This track provides introductory sessions about talent management strategies as well as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). It is recommended for participants who aspire to build an inclusive workplace through the Human Resources function.
Career Mentorship (Week 4)
Participants will be mentored by professionals with & without disabilities who will provide participants with insights on the industry they aspire to work in & their career paths.
Sumitomo Life Inclusive Innovation Competition (Optional)
- Sumitomo Life Inclusive Innovation Awards of S$300 for the first place of each challenge
- Challenger Awards of S$100 for the second & third place of each challenge
- Vouchers for certification courses/exams from leading companies (e.g. Facebook Designated Market Area (DMA) & Tableau desktop specialist exam)
- Internship opportunity with TomoWork for the top three participants from the batch of September 2021 Talent Explorer Programme with best performances
- Preferential Admission to the TomoWork Talent Accelerator Programme in early 2022
How Does This Programme Work?
This programme will be conducted completely virtual.
Are You the Right Fit?
- Current polytechnic students & recent graduates with Special Educational Needs (SEN) & are seeking to explore jobs in the future of work
- Able to attend at least 80% of the programme
- Enrolment in a diploma programme related to the digital sector is an advantage, but not necessary
- Demonstrated leadership skills in school, community, sports, or other fields
- Willingness & openness to communicate effectively
- Collaborative team players who treat others with respect
- Has strong career aspirations
Applications are Now Open Until 31 August 2021!
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please click here. If you still have any questions on the programme or difficulty accessing content, please contact email@example.com. TomoWork will strive to provide the content you need in the format you require.